Canopy of Light

Canopy of Light

The clouds that settled over Bellingham Bay on Sunday morning began drifting into the Chuckanut Mountains by early afternoon. I was driving south on Chuckanut Drive at the time, through the place where the sunshine met the fog, breathless at the beauty of it and desperate for a place to pull over with my camera.

When I finally found a safe place, I thought, “The only thing that could make this shot better is a subject – a car or a bicyclist, maybe – driving through the light.”

Not even 60 seconds later, a car pulled up and a man said to me, “Great lighting! Do you want to use my girlfriend as a model?”

“Umm…yes…” Even now, with the picture as proof, I can’t believe that really happened.

Sometimes a prayer, a wish, or some seemingly insignificant request whispered up to God, does get answered.

Advertisements

Comments

19 comments on “Canopy of Light”
  1. Ellen says:

yes, that´s why there is an old saying “careful with what you wish … ” because it Works either way!!! in your case in a very positive!! wonderful picture!! hope you have a wonderful year too in which your wishes come true!!! xoxo

2. Nancy says:

Unbelievable–both the photo and the story! Jolene, I love your photos!

3. Phenomenal !! What a great story as well. 🙂

4. This is such a beautiful photo! I Love it! 🙂

5. Jeanne says:

Fantastic. And I love that your prayers were answered and a model materialized in front of your eyes. Absolutely gorgeous photo.

1. Thanks – me too! I can only hope that happens again when I’m in need.

6. klaasfidom says:

Great work! I love it!

7. Pam says:

Beauty! What serendipity.

1. Thanks, Pam! Couldn’t believe my luck!

8. PA Pict says:

Stunning image – and what serendipity that you were offered a model just as one was required.

1. I think I should go ahead and ask for more things and see what I get. 🙂 A similar thing happened with the shot I posted last week, actually – the couple sitting at the end of the dock in the fog.

9. avian101 says: