Frosted Teasel

I’m the last person you’ll find waking up early on a Sunday; however, I somehow managed this weekend in order to get some early morning shots in the Skagit Valley. I was hoping for fog to capture some good landscape shots. That didn’t really work out. Instead, I found a bunch of Common Teasel – a weed found all over the Northwest – looking rather majestic covered in frost. I’m not much of a landscape girl anyway; the small details are much more fascinating.

Some perspective on the height of the Common Teasel

Advertisements

Comments

24 comments on “Frosted Teasel”
  1. I wish we had such a frost here. I especially like the 3rd photograph. It would work as wonderful Christmass card.

1. Thank you, Tomas! We haven’t actually had that much frost here. We’ve maybe had a couple of days – it’s been a lot warmer than usual, so I was lucky to get those shots.

2. elmediat says:

Beautiful compositions,

3. nigel says:

Beautiful images, Jolene

4. bonniegunkel says:

I absolutely love the last shot! Fantastic perspective

1. Thank you, Bonnie. The last shot was my favorite as well. 🙂

5. Heather says:

You always have photos that stir my imagination and warm me within. They’re like poetry, flattering my point of view and taking my attention captive. Now I can’t wait for an early morning frost so I can get out in the bush with my camera.

1. Thank you, Heather! I’d think you should have some snow or frost soon if you haven’t already. Frost, especially in the early morning sunshine is so beautiful.

6. Emily Gooch says:

Beautiful images, Jolene.

7. Is that snow in the second image? The first image is great, nice job!

1. David, it was a little snow remaining from the dusting a few days earlier. But, mostly just frost.

8. randall wade says:

Good stuff…first one especially

9. Martina says:

These are beautiful images!

10. Caryn says:

So pretty! These would make nice holiday cards.

1. That’s a great idea, Caryn! I wish we’d get more snow – we’ve only had a dusting so far and a little frost. That would make for some good cards.

11. Sherry says:

Majestic indeed. Beautiful!

12. Lisa :) says:

Love, love, love these! The different angles are awesome 🙂

1. Thank you, Lisa! I nearly lost the feeling in my toes getting these shots – it was so cold Sunday morning!