In Search of Autumn

I had to Photoshop Andy out of the picture.
Can you see the moth and the bee?

In search of Autumn, I found a field full of flowers instead of beautiful fall foliage. I’ll have to try again next weekend. The trees will have more color anyway.

I’m a little sad right now, because a year ago I was planning my first trip to Ireland. People who have travelled there often tell me it haunts them. I understand. I flew there twice in 6 months, and it haunts me still. A memoir writing class is helping organize my thoughts, and I hope to have a completed manuscript about my experience by Spring. I wrote so much earlier this afternoon, I hardly know what to blog about now, and I’m dangerously close to just babbling. And now I’m at a loss for how to wrap this up…sooo, enjoy the photos! More next weekend!

Advertisements

Comments

11 comments on “In Search of Autumn”
  1. Very nicely captured. πŸ˜€

2. Jim Reed says:

Great shots Jolene! I particularly like the second, nice perspective on the sunflower!

3. What do you plan to do with your memoir? Your writting is always so captivating! I love the colors in the photo’s, even if they arent fall πŸ˜‰

4. Sherry says:

I thought something was missing from that first image…!
    “I wrote so much earlier this afternoon, I hardly know what to blog about now”
    I so wish I had your troubles;)

5. Mike says:

Not the typical fall images, and I like that. I think great writing is a form of controlled babbling, so you are on your way! πŸ˜‰

6. Emily Gooch says:

These are beautiful Jolene. Actually I’m glad you didn’t find autumn yet… these photos make me feel like summer isn’t over. Good to hear about your writing… though sometimes I think babbling can be a good though organizer. πŸ˜‰

7. Alice Parker says:

I love the perspective of the second sunflower! The yellow pops against the sky. (I like your header too!)

8. very pretty – love the colors.

9. Martina says:

Jolene, you are doing great with your photography and writing. You will succeed because you are focused and you don’t let doubt or the past paint your canvas! I admire your courage to move forward!

10. nigel says:

Those wildflowers are beautiful. I’m liking this slightly warmer Autumn… I hope it lasts through to Christmas πŸ˜‰