In Fields

I’ve been wanting a shot of a hay bale for some reason.   My summer just wouldn’t have been complete without it!   I found this one in Skagit County somewhere along the Skagit River.

Advertisements

Comments

18 comments on “In Fields”
  1. Jim Reed says:

Great shots Jolene! I particularly like the first.

2. Caryn says:

Lovely images. There is something evocative about hay bales…

1. Thank you, Caryn. I did have to run into a stranger’s field and risk getting into some trouble to get that one!

3. EternalForms says:

I LOVE both of these, Jolene, but the first one is SOO nice. I love the bokeh

1. Thanks, Joseph! The first one has to be my favorite – I took a dozen pictures trying to get it right.

4. Emily Gooch says:

Nice shots Jolene. The hay bale reminds me that summer is coming to an end — not that we have much of a summer this year.

1. Thank you, Emily! As I look out at the gray sky today…have to have agree. We haven’t had much of a summer.

5. bonniegunkel says:

LOVE LOVE the haybale shot Jolene! I’m kind of obsessed with round bales. 🙂

1. Bonnie, I saw so many farms with hay bales this summer, but I never had my camera with. Now most of the fields have been cleared of the bales, so I was excited to find this one when I actually did have my camera.

6. Martina says:

Lovely textures. These are so neat to see. Great captures.

1. Thank you, Martina! I felt like I’d captured a lot of flowers this summer and really wanted a different subject/texture.

7. david watness says:

Like!

1. Hi David – from you that’s a big compliment!! Thanks for visiting my blog. 🙂

8. tedgriffith says:

Great! I, too, really like the first shot of the grass heads. Beautiful composition! 🙂

9. greysqrl says:

good work, Jolene. First is especially good

1. Thanks, Nigel! I’m really happy with how it turned out.